Birthday Wishes
I know the slightest thought of you smiling for photographs and faking a bloody wish you know will never come true just makes you wanna swallow your tongue and die. Anything you'd hate more than the digits displayed on the weighing scale will be the number of candles sticking right on top of the bloody cake. I remember that time when you clearly told me how annoying those tears won't stop stinging your eyes at four in the morning. How you would tremble and crumble every single time you notice the clock won't stop ticking and that days are numbered and weeks get lesser on calendars. Everyone's wishing you just like how they would sing the national anthem at the school assembly because you can never feel their presence even if they're there. I guess it's just the same for you. You blow the candles and pretend like you're not just physically but mentally there to make a wish.
|